Thursday 23 February 2017

Murshid ~ Stories From Urdu

Murshid 
(Urdu; spiritual teacher)

And when ballots of hate leave the world spinning on a knife shaped axis.
Clouds of hysterical group adrenalin, making us forget that blades only owe allegiance to steel and razor.
I find then, that each breath I take moves me to a place
of darker grace,
softer safety,
And the answer inside, that only flesh and blood can undo, the cruelty that flesh and blood performs. 

~hyperbolemuch.blogspot.com #StoriesFromUrdu 

(Aside: The politics of recent years has left me feeling more emotional than my rational brain would like to accept. I've participated in arguments about race, gender and choices of hate so sharp that any fall out of the choice is argued as an okay price to pay.
I've participated in arguments where I'm so heartbroken and horrified at what's being said and admittedly at who is saying it, that everything I've said after has been almost unintelligible and far too emotional.
So what I'm trying to say is, that the last few years and as recent as this election has taught me that politics is personal.
And thank god for that). Watch the video here.

No comments:

Post a Comment